Call for Applications: UNICEF Innovation Fund for Frontier Technologies on Climate Action (up to US$100K Equity-free Funding
The UNICEF Venture Fund is looking to make up to US$100K in equity-free investments to provide early-stage (seed) funding to for-profit technology start-ups developing software solutions using frontier technologies for climate action.
Who can apply?
- If your startup leverages frontier technology for climate analytics and forecasts
- greener economies
- climate and disaster risk mitigation
- carbon offsetting or emission reduction
- youth engagement around climate action, we are looking for you.
- If your product is registered in one of UNICEF’s programme countries
- is a working prototype,
- has demonstrated results,
- and is (or could be) open-source licensed.
Who can submit an Expression of Interest to the UNICEF Innovation Fund?
Projects are assessed by UNICEF Innovation Fund team and recommended for funding to the internal board. Companies need to fulfill the following mandatory requirements to be considered for funding:
- Registered as a private company
- Registered in a UNICEF programme country (see list here)
- Working on open source technology solutions (or willing to be open source) under the following licenses or their equivalent:
- (i) for software, a BSD license,
- (ii) for hardware, a CERN license and
- (iii) a CC-BY license for design or content, a CC-BY license
- An existing prototype of the open source solution with promising results from initial pilots
- Solution has the potential to positively impact the lives of the most vulnerable children
- Generating publicly exposed real-time data that is measurable
Recieve US$100K in equity-free investments.