Let’s face it. Being a business owner can be challenging. There’s a whole lot of decision making on your shoulders. You are faced with delivering value to your customers, making enough sales to keep your business up and running, and eventually becoming successful in your sphere. All this can be mentally and emotionally draining sometimes!
I need to tell you something very important, your frame of mind is one very crucial factor you need to consider. How you think each day will ultimately affect your productivity as a business owner. Your mind is where the birthing and day to day execution of your business is conceived. You need a healthy mind to grow a great business. I do know that sustaining a great mindset can prove difficult sometimes due to unfavourable factors around us.
But…I’ve come up with 50 business quotes from GREAT MINDS. Some of these men and women are owners of huge businesses and have faced major challenges without giving up and today, they have made history!
I have further classified these quotes into sections for your effortless reading. It’s a brand new week of fresh ideas and fresh energy! Let’s get inspired!
Business Quotes on Success
1. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”- Winston Churchill
2. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
3. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. – Colin Powell
4. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
5. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.”– John D. Rockefeller Jr.
6. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”– Bill Cosby
7. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.”– Conrad Hilton
8. “Desire is the key to motivation, but its determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal—commitments to excellence—that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”—Mario Andretti.
9. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
10. “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.”—Anonymous
11. “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.”—Thomas Watson Sr, CEO of International Business Machines
12. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”– Steve Jobs
Business Quotes on Hard work
13. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga, prolific American business person.
14. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder
15. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” — Benjamin Franklin, a Founding Father of the United States
16. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance
17. “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
18. “Have the end in mind and every day make sure you’re working towards it” – Ryan Allis
19. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google
20. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine
21. “The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.”—Unknown
Business Quotes on Overcoming Failures
22. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”—Thomas Edison
23. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” —Jeff Bezos, founder, and CEO of Amazon
24. “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” – Marissa Mayer, president & CEO of Yahoo.
25. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.”—Napoleon Hill, author of “Think and Grow Rich”
26. Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything. – W. Clement Stone
27. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. – Dale Carnegie
28. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.”– Zig Ziglar
29. If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been. – Robert H. Schuller
30. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.”– Robert Kiyosaki
31. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
32. When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge. – Robert Kiyosaki
Business Quotes on Motivation
33. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney founder of Disney
34. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” — Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s
35. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” — Josh James, CEO, and co-founder of Omniture
36. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis, British writer
37. “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.”- Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
38. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google
39. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”—Steve Jobs, co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple
40. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”—Tony Robbins, businessman, author, and philanthropist.
Business Quotes on Improvement &Innovation
41. “Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.” — Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal
42. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”—Bill Gates, founder, and CEO of Microsoft
43. “Creative without strategy is called art. Creative with strategy is called advertising.” – Jeff I. Richards
44. “Paying attention to simple little things that most men neglect makes a few men rich.” – Henry Ford
45. Trust is the lubrication that makes it possible for organizations to work. – Warren Bennis
46. Every problem is a gift—without problems, we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
47. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder
48. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
49. The characteristic of great innovators and great companies is they see a space that others do not. They don’t just listen to what people tell them; they actually invent something new, something that you didn’t know you needed, but the moment you see it, you say, ‘I must have it.’ – Eric Schmidt
50. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
So yes that’s it. Those are 50 business quotes to get you inspired. Starting and running your business comes with its challenges, but you are not alone. Many others have gone through similar challenges and have overcome them. Check out our article on 20 Businesses You Can start with 50,000 naira today.
Have some questions? Kindly drop them in the comment section below.